Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
The Town of Pantego operates under the council-manager form of government in which the Town Council is responsible for all Town policy and the City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the City. By ordinance, the powers and duties of the City Manager are:
- To see that all laws and ordinances are enforced.
- To be responsible to the council for the proper administration of all town affairs placed in his hands.
- To appoint and remove all heads of departments and all subordinate officers and employees of the town except the town secretary.
- To exercise control over all departments and subdivisions thereof created by the council.
- To see that all terms and conditions in public utility franchises are kept and performed and to notify the city attorney of any violations thereof.
- To attend all meetings of the council.
- To keep the council fully advised as to the financial conditions and needs of the town.
- To act as budget commissioner, prepare and submit an annual budget, and recommend capital programs.
- To prepare and submit a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the town at the end of the fiscal year.
- To see that the town operates within its budget.
"While most of us are living our lives, it is my job to run the community where we live our lives, so we can all have a place we're proud to call home."