City Manager Joe Ashton
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Town of Pantego operates under the Council-Manager form of government whereby the Town Council is responsible for establishing policies and service levels and the City Manager is responsible for operationalizing the Council's directives via overseeing the daily operations of the City. The City Manager serves as the chief executive, supported by a team of departmental directors. This office proposes policy for Town Council consideration and carries out actions and directives of the Council by coordinating daily business activities, ensuring the enforcement of ordinances and regulations, and managing personnel. The City Manager is also responsible for the preparation and administration of the annual operating budget.
Powers and Duties of the City Manager
- Ensure enforcement of all laws and ordinances
- Proper administration of all town affairs placed in his hands
- Appoint and remove all heads of departments and all subordinate officers and employees except the City Secretary, City Attorney, and Municipal Judge — which are appointed by the Council
- Exercise control over all administrative departments and subdivisions
- Ensure that all terms and conditions in public utility franchises are kept and performed; and notify the City Attorney of any violations thereof
- Attend all meetings of the Council
- Keep the Council fully advised as to the financial conditions and needs of the town
- Act as budget officer by preparing and submitting an annual budget and the supporting tax rate for Council consideration; and recommending capital programming
- Prepare and submit a complete report regarding the finances and administrative activities of the Town at the end of each fiscal year
- Ensure that the Town operates within the adopted budget
"While most of us are living our lives, it is my job to run the community where we live our lives, so we can all have a place we're proud to call home."
— JOE ASHTON, City Manager for the Town of Pantego
Upcoming Meetings and Events