Community Development FAQ

No answers matched your search


Yes, contractors are required to register with the city.  The registration fee is $100, and a copy of your certificate of liability insurance is required.  All contractor registration applications must be submitted on our MyGov Portal.

Work that "DOES" require a permit:

  1. Any new installation or relocation of trade work (electric, plumbing, mechanical)
  2. Any reconfiguration of space, i.e. moving walls, doors, windows
  3. Water Heaters
  4. Fences
  5. Accessory Buildings
  6. Window Replacement
  7. Irrigation Systems
  8. Any Advertising Signage
  9. Everything Else

Work that "DOES NOT" require a permit:

  1. Painting or Wallpaper
  2. Carpet or Tile
  3. Cabinets and Countertops
  4. Replacing existing residential shingles

No, unfortunately we are not set up to take payments over the phone.  All permit applications must be submitted via our MyGov portal where you can pay your fees online.  

No all permits must be submitted via our MyGov portal


No, all inspection requests must be submitted by 3:30 pm the day before. Inspections are offered Monday thru Friday through a third party inspection service. They do not set specific times for their inspection appointments. 

You can call 817-617-3700, email us at You can also submit your inspection request via the MyGov portal.