Community Development FAQ's

No answers matched your search


Yes, contractors are required to register with the city.  The registration fee is $100, and the application can be downloaded off our website.

Work that "DOES" require a permit:

  1. Any new installation or relocation of trade work (electric, plumbing, mechanical)
  2. Any reconfiguration of space, i.e. moving walls, doors, windows
  3. Water Heaters
  4. Fences
  5. Accessory Buildings
  6. Window Replacement
  7. Irrigation Systems
  8. Any Advertising Signage
  9. Everything Else

Work that "DOES NOT" require a permit:

  1. Painting or Wallpaper
  2. Carpet or Tile
  3. Cabinets and Countertops
  4. Replacing existing residential shingles

No, unfortunately we are not set up to take payments over the phone.  You can submit your permit application via our MyGov portal where you can pay your fees online.  You can also come into our office, or mail your payment to 1614 S Bowen Rd. Pantego, TX 76013.

Yes.  You can email it to  You can also submit it via our MyGov portal

The plan review fee must be paid when you submit your permit application.


No, if you request an inspection between 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday, it will be scheduled for the following business day.

You can call 817-617-3700, email us at, or Request an Inspection. You can also submit your inspection request via the MyGov portal.