We do not accept paper permit applications all permits must be submitted via our MyGov portal. A collaborator account is not a contractor registration. You must submit a contractor registration on MyGov to be registered.
For permit questions 817-617-3700
Building Permit Information:
Most construction or repair projects require a permit. Wall coverings, floor coverings and minor repairs do not require permits. It is recommended that you call the Town to confirm whether a permit is needed or not.
Work that "DOES" require a permit:
- Any new installation or relocation of trade work (electric, plumbing, mechanical)
- Any reconfiguration of space, i.e. moving walls, doors, windows
- Water Heaters
- Accessory Buildings
- Window Replacement
- Irrigation Systems
- Any Advertising Signage
- Everything Else
Work that "DOES NOT" require a permit:
- Painting or Wallpaper
- Carpet or Tile
- Cabinets and Countertops
- Replacing existing residential shingles
- Routine permits, such as water heaters, irrigation systems, repairs, etc., can usually be approved within a few days.
- Most permits require a short review by the Building Official and will be approved or denied in just a few days.
- Permits for major renovation or new construction typically take two to three weeks to review. For large projects, along with the digital plans a printed copy of the plans must also be submitted to Town Hall. The address is 1614 S Bowen Rd., Pantego, TX 76013.
Click the button to access the Pantego's MyGov Permit Portal
2015 International Codes
2015 International Building Code with Local Amendments
2015 International Residential Building Code with Local Amendments
2015 International Existing Building Code with Local Amendments
2015 International Plumbing Code with Local Amendments
2015 International Mechanical Code with Local Amendments
2015 International Fuel Gas Code with Local Amendments
2015 International Energy Code with Local Amendments
2015 International Fire Code with Local Amendments
2014 National Electrical Code with Local Recommendations